Avery Peak had beautiful views!
Another camp site off the beaten path.
Loon calls @ 4AM
The trail was completely different south of US 15.
Light seeped into the trees, and as I peered out from under the edge of the tarp, I could see the trees just beginning to take form. It was this tiny bit of light that always woke me from my sleep, and sent other hikers burrowing into their bags. Just before the day began, I loved the stillness...
Appalachian Trail - August 3, 2013 Climbing straight up a mountain first thing in the morning is so unfair! I started my climb up Barren Mountain immediately after hooking a right out of my side trail from the hunting camp. Both fourth Barren, and whatever number Barren that followed, were knee crunchers. I picked my way...
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW POSTS
MORE POPULAR POSTS
- Kula Cloth Review | Average Hiker
- Zpacks Altaplex Review | Average Hiker
- Voormi River Run Hoodie Review | Average Hiker
- My Hiking Day Pack Has My Essential Items| Average Hiker
- NET Menunkatuck Section 8 | Average Hiker
- Black Diamond Alpine Carbon Cork Review | Average Hiker
- NET Mattabesett Section 3 – | Average Hiker
- NET Mattabesett Section 4 | Average Hiker
- NET Mattabesett Section 2 – New England Trail|…
- Silver Shadow Mini Umbrella Review | Average Hiker
Long Distance Hikes
New England Trail