Continental Divide Trail - May 11th, 2009 Ella's Diner Where I now live, in the northeast, we would have called Ella's a diner. I pushed open the door at 7AM and walked into a room full of locals. Old denim, faded plaid, and well worn hats was the dress code. A couple of friendly faces...
Continental Divide Trail - May 10th, 2009 A Hellish Night Once again, nature reminded me of my place last night. My Poison Ivy drove me CRAZY! I am exceptionally allergic, and my legs are now covered in red, blistered welts. I always carry Zanfel with me, and had tried to use it last night. All...
Continental Divide Trail - May 9th, 2009 Tanking Up on Water I tanked up on water before leaving Snow Lake yesterday, carrying about five liters. That was enough for yesterday's hiking and last night's camping. It appeared water sources on the continental divide trail would be few and far between on this next section. By...
Continental Divide Trail - May 8th, 2009 Leaving Snow Lake I was up early this morning, excited about the prospect of real toilets and running water. It took me about 45 minutes to get to Snow Lake campground. Water was still turned off for the season, but the toilets were unlocked, so I washed off...
Continental Divide Trail - May 7th, 2009 Gila River Hiking I had a good time camping with the guys last night, and was up early the next morning for more Gila River hiking! The others were just starting to move around in their shelters. Gabriel was the only one not in his tarp/tent. He had...
My gear list for the Colorado Trail has not changed significantly. The only large piece of new gear I have is my Big Agnes Copper Spur Platinum UL2.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW POSTS
MORE POPULAR POSTS
- Kula Cloth Review | Average Hiker
- Zpacks Altaplex Review | Average Hiker
- Voormi River Run Hoodie Review | Average Hiker
- My Hiking Day Pack Has My Essential Items| Average Hiker
- NET Menunkatuck Section 8 | Average Hiker
- Black Diamond Alpine Carbon Cork Review | Average Hiker
- NET Mattabesett Section 3 – | Average Hiker
- NET Mattabesett Section 4 | Average Hiker
- NET Mattabesett Section 2 – New England Trail|…
- Silver Shadow Mini Umbrella Review | Average Hiker
Long Distance Hikes
New England Trail