Arizona Trail Overview
This Arizona Trail Overview depicts a trail with 800 miles of amazing diversity. The contiguous, completely non-motorized, trail runs from the Mexican border to the border of Utah. During the journey, those hiking this trail will encounter mountains, desert, canyons forests, and a variety of travelers and communities.
Arizona Trail Facts
- The Arizona Trail (AZT) has 29 “Gateway communities.”
- The AZT has a very active community of volunteers and “trail angels,” that can be found @ HERE.
- The AZT is open to hikers, mountain bikers, and pack animals.
- Areas requiring permits include Colossal Cave Mountain Park (Section 8), Saguaro National Park (Section 9), Grand Canyon National Park (Section 38), Arizona State Trust Lands. Additional Permit information can be found HERE.
- Depending on daily mileage, the AZT will take approximately 6-8 weeks to complete.
- The AZT consists of 43 passages. Additional passage details on tracks, maps, GPS data, etc., can be found HERE.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW POSTS
QUALITY GEAR DEALS
STORE – NEW ITEMS!
MORE POPULAR POSTS
- Challenger ATR 5 vs Speed Goat 3 | Initial…
- Kula Cloth Review | Average Hiker
- Zpacks Altaplex Review | Average Hiker
- Dirty Girl Gaiters Review | Average Hiker
- Katabatic Bristlecone Bivy Review – A Great…
- Sawyer Water Filter Review | Average Hiker
- Colorado Trail Gear List – Big 3 Changes! |…
- Copper Spur 2 Platinum Review | Average Hiker
Amazon Associate Program
This website is part of the Amazon Associate Program and earns a small commission from qualifying purchases.