Arizona Trail Overview
This Arizona Trail Overview depicts a trail with 800 miles of amazing diversity. The contiguous, completely non-motorized, trail runs from the Mexican border to the border of Utah. During the journey, those hiking this trail will encounter mountains, desert, canyons forests, and a variety of travelers and communities.
Arizona Trail Facts
- The Arizona Trail (AZT) has 29 “Gateway communities.”
- The AZT has a very active community of volunteers and “trail angels,” that can be found @ HERE.
- The AZT is open to hikers, mountain bikers, and pack animals.
- Areas requiring permits include Colossal Cave Mountain Park (Section 8), Saguaro National Park (Section 9), Grand Canyon National Park (Section 38), Arizona State Trust Lands. Additional Permit information can be found HERE.
- Depending on daily mileage, the AZT will take approximately 6-8 weeks to complete.
- The AZT consists of 43 passages. Additional passage details on tracks, maps, GPS data, etc., can be found HERE.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW POSTS
NEW & CURRENT SALES!
EASTERN MOUNTAIN SPORTS
- Challenger ATR 5 vs Speed Goat 3 | Initial…
- Zpacks Altaplex Review | Average Hiker
- Gear Performance on the Colorado Trail! | Average Hiker
- Katabatic Bristlecone Bivy Review – A Great…
- Fenix HM50R Headlamp Review | Average Hiker
- Dirty Girl Gaiters Review | Average Hiker
- Katabatic Flex 22 Quilt Review – A Rotisserie…
- Kula Cloth Review | Average Hiker
Amazon Associate Program
This website is part of the Amazon Associate Program and earns a small commission from qualifying purchases.