Arizona Trail Overview
This Arizona Trail Overview depicts a trail with 800 miles of amazing diversity. The contiguous, completely non-motorized, trail runs from the Mexican border to the border of Utah. During the journey, those hiking this trail will encounter mountains, desert, canyons forests, and a variety of travelers and communities.
Arizona Trail Facts
- The Arizona Trail (AZT) has 29 “Gateway communities.”
- The AZT has a very active community of volunteers and “trail angels,” that can be found @ HERE.
- The AZT is open to hikers, mountain bikers, and pack animals.
- Areas requiring permits include Colossal Cave Mountain Park (Section 8), Saguaro National Park (Section 9), Grand Canyon National Park (Section 38), Arizona State Trust Lands. Additional Permit information can be found HERE.
- Depending on daily mileage, the AZT will take approximately 6-8 weeks to complete.
- The AZT consists of 43 passages. Additional passage details on tracks, maps, GPS data, etc., can be found HERE.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW POSTS
MOST POPULAR POSTS
- Challenger ATR 5 vs Speed Goat 3 | Initial… November 10, 2019
- 10 Great Stocking Stuffers for that Outdoorsy… October 30, 2020
- 10 Great Backpacking Gifts! | Average Hiker November 17, 2020
- Zpacks Altaplex Review | Average Hiker November 10, 2020
- Fenix HM50R Headlamp Review | Average Hiker November 11, 2020
- Zpack Arc Haul Review – Ultralight Backpack |… November 11, 2020
- Feathered Friends Women’s EOS Jacket Review |… November 10, 2020
- Katabatic Flex 22 Quilt Review – A Rotisserie… June 28, 2020