Today’s hike between the Arkansas River and Chalk Creek was gorgeous. I got to see “Ninja Moose,” and meet Lynx and Hot Legs!
After laying up sick for 6 days the hike out of Monarch Pass proved to be pretty tough, but the scenery made it worthwhile!
Day 15 was a tough day! Hiking while struggling with an angry stomach is not a lot of fun. Top that off with the worst hitch EVER, and I was ready to call it a day.
Twin Lakes was a great resupply town. The Colorado Trail is going through gentrification, and I was able to get an excellent Latte.
The hike on Day 12 was Sam and Shy’s longest day yet @ over 19 miles. It ended with smoke, a large Snag, and a lightning tree.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW POSTS
NEW & CURRENT SALES!
EASTERN MOUNTAIN SPORTS
- Challenger ATR 5 vs Speed Goat 3 | Initial…
- Zpacks Altaplex Review | Average Hiker
- Gear Performance on the Colorado Trail! | Average Hiker
- Katabatic Bristlecone Bivy Review – A Great…
- Fenix HM50R Headlamp Review | Average Hiker
- Dirty Girl Gaiters Review | Average Hiker
- Katabatic Flex 22 Quilt Review – A Rotisserie…
- Kula Cloth Review | Average Hiker
Amazon Associate Program
This website is part of the Amazon Associate Program and earns a small commission from qualifying purchases.