A fall on some switchbacks, and winter weather ended my 2020 Colorado Trail hike. I’ll wrap it up in 2021!
The Greenbelly Meal2Go Food Bar has ended my search for an edible “protein bar,” and will be joining me on upcoming backpacking trips.
Today was a beautiful day above tree line. I could not have asked for more perfect weather. Other than frustrating shoes, it was fantastic!
The Kula Cloth is a game changer for me – sanitary, easy. No more bandanna for me!
Choosing a backpacking stove can be overwhelming. I’ll take you through the choices, along with the pros and cons for each type.
These 10 Great Backpacking Gifts are all items I use on my hikes and awesome gifts I would love to find under my tree! With over 10,000 miles of hiking and backpacking experience, I know...
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW POSTS
MOST POPULAR POSTS
- Challenger ATR 5 vs Speed Goat 3 | Initial… November 10, 2019
- 10 Great Stocking Stuffers for that Outdoorsy… October 30, 2020
- 10 Great Backpacking Gifts! | Average Hiker November 17, 2020
- Zpacks Altaplex Review | Average Hiker November 10, 2020
- Feathered Friends Women’s EOS Jacket Review |… November 10, 2020
- Fenix HM50R Headlamp Review | Average Hiker November 11, 2020
- Katabatic Flex 22 Quilt Review – A Rotisserie… June 28, 2020
- New England Trail Gear List – More Gear Tests!… November 13, 2020