As we strive for lighter and lighter gear, the decision between sleeping bags and quilts is becoming more common.
My gear list for the Colorado Trail has not changed significantly. The only large piece of new gear I have is my Big Agnes Copper Spur Platinum UL2.
Layering correctly in changing environments and temperatures is very important. My layering system has definitely changed over the years, and is unique to my body requirements.
Little dogs with sharp toenails should not run around on Neoair pads. I tried to keep my gear from Lu, but she too was a gear hound!
I’ve given in and gone back to cooking on the trail. I enjoy a hot meal so much at the end of the day, and age deserves it’s little comforts.
Some of my favorite small backpacking gear companies, are not so small anymore.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW POSTS
MORE POPULAR POSTS
- Kula Cloth Review | Average Hiker
- Zpacks Altaplex Review | Average Hiker
- Voormi River Run Hoodie Review | Average Hiker
- Black Diamond Alpine Carbon Cork Review | Average Hiker
- NET Menunkatuck Section 8 | Average Hiker
- NET Mattabesett Section 3 – | Average Hiker
- NET Mattabesett Section 4 | Average Hiker
- HOKA Challenger ATR 5 Review| Average Hiker
- My Hiking Day Pack Has My Essential Items| Average Hiker
- Fenix HM50R Headlamp Review | Average Hiker
Long Distance Hikes
New England Trail