On a warm Summer’s day near Yellowstone National Park, a young male Grizzly let me know that he was the current Apex predator.
Choosing my campsite when backpacking is important. I want a secure camp for the night, and want to make sure I get a good night’s sleep.
As a woman backpacking solo for over thirty years, I’ve developed some guidelines to make sure I stay safe. I’ve learned to trust my experience and intuition.
Backpacking Foot Care is a topic near and dear to me. I’ve made a lot of mistakes, and learned a few lessons in the process. This post offers a couple of mistakes and lessons learned.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW POSTS
MOST POPULAR POSTS
- Challenger ATR 5 vs Speed Goat 3 | Initial… November 10, 2019
- 10 Great Stocking Stuffers for that Outdoorsy… October 30, 2020
- 10 Great Backpacking Gifts! | Average Hiker November 17, 2020
- Zpacks Altaplex Review | Average Hiker November 10, 2020
- Feathered Friends Women’s EOS Jacket Review |… November 10, 2020
- Fenix HM50R Headlamp Review | Average Hiker November 11, 2020
- Katabatic Flex 22 Quilt Review – A Rotisserie… June 28, 2020
- Zpack Arc Haul Review – Ultralight Backpack |… November 11, 2020