- Enlightened Equipment Revelation Review – Packs Up Tiny| Average Hiker
The Enlightened Equipment Revelation 20 has improved quite a bit since I first used one. It is well-made, light, and compresses well.
- Katabatic Bristlecone Bivy Review – A Great Ultralight Bivy | Average Hiker
The Katabatic Bristlecone Bivy is a well made ultralight bivy that is a good option for a fast, light backpackers.
- Katabatic Flex 22 Quilt Review – A Rotisserie Sleeper!| Average Hiker
The Katabatic Flex 22 Quilt is a definite upgrade to my last quilt. This quilt does not skimp on materials and workmanship, keeping me warm and comfortable!
- The Gossamer Gear Thinlight Pad! | Average Hiker
The Gossamer Gear Thinlight Pad is that piece of gear that has about 10 uses, and I’m sure if you ask other hikers that jumps to 20 – for 2.5 ounces!
- Zpacks Duplex Review – A Palace for One Person! | Average Hiker
This Zpacks Duplex Review is long overdue. This is one of the lightest “ultralight” two-person Dyneema shelters on the market right now and downright ROOMY for a single hiker!
- Copper Spur UL1 Review – Bomb Proof Little Tent!| Average Hiker
On a recent backpacking trip in New England, I reviewed the Copper Spur UL1 and was reminded of why I love free standing tents!
- MLD Prophet Backpack Review – Frameless Quality! | Average Hiker
The MLD Prophet backpack is a frameless backpack that is made to order and it’s quality and features definitely make it worth the wait.
- Thermarest Neoair X-Lite vs. Nemo Tensor Ultralight | Average Hiker
The Thermarest Neoair X-Lite and Nemo Tensor Ultralight are two of the most popular backpacking sleeping pads. Which One Do I Like?
- Tarptent Aeon Li Review – Those Finicky Corners! | Average Hiker
I used the Aeon Li on the Benton Mackaye Trail and appeciated the solid construction.
- RightOnTrek Review – All About Convenience! | Average Hiker
RightOnTrek makes food logistics easy! This company checks all the boxes – price, taste, ease, etc. Check out this review for more details.