- Chama, New Mexico – CDT 2009 | Average Hiker
Chama, New Mexico was a great trail town.
- Chama NM In Sight – CDT 2009 | Average Hiker
Chama, was my last town in New Mexico, and the Gateway town to my next state – Colorado.
- Spring in my Step – CDT 2009 | Average Hiker
I was only about 2 days from Cumbres Pass, and pretty excited about reaching Colorado.
- Ghost Ranch – CDT 2009 | Average Hiker
Ghost Ranch, fellow hikers, and crazy cows, made for a good and crazy couple of days.
- San Pedro Boneyard – CDT 2009 | Average Hiker
The morning after the thunderstorms was quiet. Quiet is good, but not in the middle of the forest surrounded by weird little skeletons…
- San Pedro Peaks – CDT | Average Hiker
The San Pedro Peaks were beautiful, but it was the nasty line of storms passing through that I remember the most.
- Better Days in Cuba – CDT – Average Hiker
Cuba, NM was a town stop that I enjoyed. Not all of the towns were memorable, but this first town where I took some down time, well, I still remember it…
- Cuba New Mexico – CDT | Average Hiker
The hike into Cuba NM was tough. If hiking the CDT again, I would definitely wear pants or high gators in New Mexico.
- Badlands – Continental Divide Trail – 2009| Average Hiker
I felt fortunate to see the grey wolf as I traveled across the mesa. It really was a magnificent animal.
- Mount Taylor – CDT 2009 | Average Hiker
Mount Taylor was a highlight of New Mexico for me, and I was looking forward to climbing the dormant volcano.