- New England Trail Day 5 – Funny Hikers! | Average Hiker
The road walking today was beautiful though, as I ambled through the back roads of New England.
- New England Trail Day 4 – Mushroom Monday! |Average Hiker
The New England Trail near Amherst included old stone bridges, mushroom hunts, and a town day.
- New England Trail Day 3 | Average Hiker
Day 3 on The New England Trail was one of my favorites. The ridges above Hermit’s Cave had beautiful Fall views!
- New England Trail Day 2 – Where are the Birds? | Average Hiker
The New England Trail was almost eerily quiet this morning. I paused to look around me. “Where are the birds?” I whispered.
- New England Trail Day 1- First Day Out | Average Hiker
New England Trail Day 1 brought the first of only a handful of shelters along this 215 mile trail.
- New England Trail Gear List – More Gear Tests! | Average Hiker
Updated Gear List for the New England Trail My New England Trail Gear List had a few adjustments. I tried out a couple of new… Read More »New England Trail Gear List – More Gear Tests! | Average Hiker
- NET Mattabesett Section 12 is Pretty Trail!| Average Hiker
Highlights of Mattabesett Section 12 included Highland Pond Preserve, Higby Mountain, and busting my butt on the sidewalk.
- NET Mattabesett Section 11 Had Stellar Views!| Average Hiker
Highlights of Mattabesett Section 11 on The New England trail included great views, a good cardio workout, and an encounter with a little Cray Cray Weed.
- NET Mattabesett Section 10 – Definitely Some Climbs! | Average Hiker
The NET Mattabesett Section 10 made me work for my views, compared to prior New England Trail sections, but they were worth it!
- NET Mattabesett Section 9 | Average Hiker
New England Trail, Mattabesett Section 09 has a lot of variety, making it an interesting section of trail. You can even stop for lunch along the way.
- NET Menunkatuck Section 8 | Average Hiker
NET Menunkatuck Section 8 has beautiful rolling forests, and wide, well marked trails. Much of this section is old forest and logging roads.
- NET Mattabesett Section 4 | Average Hiker
NET Mattabesett Section 4 is my favorite section of The New England Trail so far. With Bear Rock and Miller’s Pond, there is a lot to enjoy on this hike.
- NET Mattabesett Section 3 – | Average Hiker
I hiked NET Mattabesett Section 3 on an absolutely beautiful day, which made the road walks through old New England countryside a compliment to the trail.
- NET Mattabesett Section 2 – New England Trail| Average Hiker
The NET Mattabesett Section 2 is slightly less maintained than Section 1 of the Mattabesett, but still a very nice section of trail.
- New England Trail, Mattabesett – Section 1 | Average Hiker
Section One of the Mattabesett Trail is a nice section of trail that has a little bit of everything. No matter your hiking style, you will enjoy it.