There are several ways to support this website.
- Used Gear – Next time you need a piece of gear check my store. Most of this gear is very lightly used. I purchase gear, test it, and then mark it down 15% – 20% and list it in the store. It’s always changing.
- Affiliate Links – When you click on these links, I receive a commission for the purchase. There is no additional cost to you. Vendors include affiliate money in their prices. If you use an affiliate link then I get a tiny slice, and if you don’t then they keep it. The links are in some articles but not all of them.
- Banner Ads – These are not my favorite, so I keep them all on one page. They are the same as affiliate links. Choose that vendor for your purchase and I get my tiny slice.
How I Use My Proceeds
- Overhead – If there are any profits, I use them to maintain this site – hosting, developers, site developent, etc.
- Gear – I love to test gear. Most proceeds are used to purchase gear for testing before I list it in the store.
- Trail Donations – When there is profit, I donate 10% to the trails hiked that year. I split up the $’s based on the miles hiked on that trail. Our trails have provided for me over the past 45 years and I think it is important to give back and support our trail organizations.
- Content – I would like to say proceeds will help me write more content, but this website is a labor of love and I would write my little heart out regardless!
Not My Cup of Tea
Several readers have asked me if I accept donations. I don’t use Patreon, Venmo, Buy Me a Cup of Coffee, Zelle, or any fundraising applications. Not that there is anything wrong with these, it is just not my cup of tea.
If you want to support this site, think of me the next time you purchase a piece of gear or outdoor service and click on a link for that vendor.
I appreciate the support very much!