Connecticut Fall Hike - Day 4 I was originally hiking to Great Barrington, MA, but Sunday called for lower temperatures and downpours. My Connecticut Section Fall hike would end on Day 4 in Salisbury on Saturday. The hike to town would only be about 10 miles, so I expected to finish around lunch time. I...
Day 3 - Connecticut Section Fall Hike Day 2 had left me a little stiff, so I laid in my warm sleeping bag not moving. It was cold outside, and I was putting off changing back into my damp hiking clothes. They were warming in my bag with me now, so I could wait a...
Fall Hike - Day 2 Day 1 had been a nice easy introduction to the Fall hike. Day 2 ended up probably being the hardest day. I climbed up to Caleb's Peak and St. John's Ledges, not stopping but definitely sucking a little wind on the way. The climb down from the ledges was short...
Fall Hike - Day 1 One of my favorite sections, for Fall hiking on the Appalachian Trail, is the 50 miles that stretch across Connecticut, from Pawling, New York to Salisbury, Connecticut. The roller coaster does not disappoint, climbing up to Caleb's Peak, and climbing down (sometimes with your hands) from St. John's Ledges. There...
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW POSTS
MORE POPULAR POSTS
- Kula Cloth Review | Average Hiker
- Zpacks Altaplex Review | Average Hiker
- Voormi River Run Hoodie Review | Average Hiker
- NET Menunkatuck Section 8 | Average Hiker
- Black Diamond Alpine Carbon Cork Review | Average Hiker
- NET Mattabesett Section 3 – | Average Hiker
- NET Mattabesett Section 4 | Average Hiker
- My Hiking Day Pack Has My Essential Items| Average Hiker
- Silver Shadow Mini Umbrella Review | Average Hiker
- HOKA Challenger ATR 5 Review| Average Hiker
Long Distance Hikes
New England Trail