The Appalachian Trail in New York state, from Route 55 to I-84, offers moderate terrain. It is classic NY, with lots of rocks, and small, steep rocky ups and downs.
I could not have chosen a more perfect day to hike to Sages Ravine and Race Mountain!
Table of Contents Table of ContentsBear Mountain and Lions HeadTrailheadBlue Blaze Trail (Undermountain Trail)Paradise LaneWater on Undermountain TrailRiga JunctionBear MountainLions HeadSection to Lions HeadCampingLions HeadHeading HomeRelated Posts Bear Mountain and Lions Head Bear Mountain and...
Connecticut Fall Hike - Day 4 I was originally hiking to Great Barrington, MA, but Sunday called for lower temperatures and downpours. My Connecticut Section Fall hike would end on Day 4 in Salisbury on...
Day 3 - Connecticut Section Fall Hike Day 2 had left me a little stiff, so I laid in my warm sleeping bag not moving. It was cold outside, and I was putting off changing...
Fall Hike - Day 2 Day 1 had been a nice easy introduction to the Fall hike. Day 2 ended up probably being the hardest day. I climbed up to Caleb's Peak and St. John's...
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW POSTS
MOST POPULAR POSTS
- Challenger ATR 5 vs Speed Goat 3 | Initial… November 10, 2019
- 10 Great Stocking Stuffers for that Outdoorsy… October 30, 2020
- 10 Great Backpacking Gifts! | Average Hiker November 17, 2020
- Zpacks Altaplex Review | Average Hiker November 10, 2020
- Feathered Friends Women’s EOS Jacket Review |… November 10, 2020
- Fenix HM50R Headlamp Review | Average Hiker November 11, 2020
- Katabatic Flex 22 Quilt Review – A Rotisserie… June 28, 2020
- New England Trail Gear List – More Gear Tests!… November 13, 2020