The Housatonic Ridge Trail was a nice hike. I will have to return with my GPS.
The Appalachian Trail in New York state, from Route 55 to I-84, offers moderate terrain. It is classic NY, with lots of rocks, and small, steep rocky ups and downs.
I could not have chosen a more perfect day to hike to Sages Ravine and Race Mountain!
Bear Mountain and Lions Head Bear Mountain and Lions Head are both located near Salisbury, in upper state Connecticut. I stomped around the car, trying to stay warm as I gathered my day pack, and shoved my lunch into it. The day was absolutely beautiful! The middle of the week, coupled with chilly temperatures,...
Hiking Report – Nuclear Lake, shooting range, Good Year Blimp – today’s hike offered a little bit of everything.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW POSTS
MORE POPULAR POSTS
- Kula Cloth Review | Average Hiker
- Zpacks Altaplex Review | Average Hiker
- Voormi River Run Hoodie Review | Average Hiker
- NET Menunkatuck Section 8 | Average Hiker
- Black Diamond Alpine Carbon Cork Review | Average Hiker
- NET Mattabesett Section 3 – | Average Hiker
- NET Mattabesett Section 4 | Average Hiker
- My Hiking Day Pack Has My Essential Items| Average Hiker
- Silver Shadow Mini Umbrella Review | Average Hiker
- HOKA Challenger ATR 5 Review| Average Hiker
Long Distance Hikes
New England Trail