October 16, 2013 My feet traveled over the trail, but my mind did not register the steps. I had retreated inward and my mind was turning, flipping quickly from one scenario to the next, ultimately settling on an end point I did not want to consider. I would retrace my thoughts back to the beginning...
Appalachian Trail - October 15, 2013 I began tossing and turning before the sky had even begun to lighten up. My hips were sore from sleeping for over ten hours, on a two inch thick mattress. I found very little difference between sleeping on a one inch thin foam pad or on a two inch...
Appalachian Trail - October 14, 2013 The air was still and damp on the Appalachian Trail in NY when I walked out of my room early the next morning. I wandered in the direction I thought there would be a motel office and continental breakfast. Coming around the corner, I ran into the owner carrying...
Getting to hang out with family and friends while hiking the Appalachian Trail is an event, and not missing The Walking Dead made it even better!
It was good to be home with family and friends, but the Appalachian Trail was calling me back. Winter was coming quickly, and I could feel the restlessness.
Appalachian Trail - October 11th, 2013 I spent time preparing for rain again last night, and not a single drop fell. I prefer hiking in dry weather, but the flip side to all this great hiking, with no moisture falling, is that water is becoming more scare. This means I'm having to carry more water...
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW POSTS
MORE POPULAR POSTS
- Kula Cloth Review | Average Hiker
- Zpacks Altaplex Review | Average Hiker
- Voormi River Run Hoodie Review | Average Hiker
- NET Menunkatuck Section 8 | Average Hiker
- Black Diamond Alpine Carbon Cork Review | Average Hiker
- NET Mattabesett Section 3 – | Average Hiker
- NET Mattabesett Section 4 | Average Hiker
- My Hiking Day Pack Has My Essential Items| Average Hiker
- Silver Shadow Mini Umbrella Review | Average Hiker
- HOKA Challenger ATR 5 Review| Average Hiker
Long Distance Hikes
New England Trail