Yet another food bar review on a bar with a new twist – recycled grain powder from the dregs of beer distilling. Interesting concept…
Dirty Girl Gaiters will be great for desert hiking, and keeping out dirt and debris.
I’m always looking for meal supplements to take on long backpacking trips. I had tried the Greenbelly Food Bars, and decided to give the Mud Meals a shot.
I enjoyed my Outdoor Herbivore meals. The flavors were sharp and appealing. The chili was one of my favorite chili’s I’ve tried.
I spent some time debating between the ATR 5 and the Speedgoat, but ultimately went with the ATR 5 due to comfort, and larger toe box. The Speedgoat was a little too narrow for my foot, and the impact was a little stiffer, more like a running shoe.
I’ve tried every expensive, “breathable” rain jacket on the market. When hiking hard, I sweat in them all. I’ve decided to try the reasonably priced, silnylon, Light Heart jacket this time.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW POSTS
MOST POPULAR POSTS
- Arizona Trail Food Resupply Plan | Average Hiker March 29, 2020
- Backpacking Electronics and Gadgets | Average Hiker April 2, 2020
- AZT Day 2 – Trail Journal| Average Hiker March 13, 2020
- LightHeart Rain Jacket Review – Gear | Average Hiker June 25, 2019
- Leaving the Trail | Average Hiker March 26, 2020