In No Particular Order
I’m taking a moment to step away from the daily Blog/Slog posts. It has been a bit since my last long distance hike, and I’m reminded of a few things.
- Brushing my hair becomes completely irrelevant after Day 2.
- You only THINK your legs are tanned.
- The five minute rule becomes the five whatever rule.
- Quilts are still quilts no matter how tight the elastic and cinch cords. If the temperature drops below freezing, I still need my 10 degree sleeping bag!
- By week three, ALL my food tastes wonderful rolled up in a tortilla – together!
- Saracha Sauce is good in every single dehydrated meal I eat.
- Sometimes I actually forget to look at my phone for a day – and the world keeps turning.
- There is only one flavor to choose from in the cooler, and it is wonderful!
- The sound of rain on my tarp is still amazing.
- That day when I walk up a 13,000 foot mountain without pausing, except to smile for a moment at the summit. It still feels just as incredible.
- Cold mornings, and putting on damp hiking clothes is still just as brutal.
- I love good dogs, even more on the trail.
- It is time to put on my other pair of socks when my first pair stands alone.
- A little bit of comfort goes an awfully long way. My pack does not need to weigh 40 pounds, but it does not need to weigh 10 either.
- I always miss home when on the trails, and the trails when at home.
- I really don’t need all ten toenails to hike comfortably.
- If there are rumbles and no pops, I can make it if I run fast!
- I can eat ANYTHING, and still lose weight!
- When my electronics failed, I was glad I had my map.
There are others, but the world is setting. Time to sleep.
(Visited 74 times, 1 visits today)