I’ve tried every expensive, “breathable” rain jacket on the market. When hiking hard, I sweat in them all. I’ve decided to try the reasonably priced, silnylon, Light Heart jacket this time.
I spent some time debating between the ATR 5 and the Speedgoat, but ultimately went with the ATR 5 due to comfort, and larger toe box. The Speedgoat was a little too narrow for my foot, and the impact was a little stiffer, more like a running shoe.
I now have all of the guides I'm going to use on the Colorado Trail. In the past I've used a combination of maps, guides, and a GPS unit. On the CDT I carried a combination of guides, maps, GPS, AND a SPOT. I think all of my logistics resources weighed the same as my...
Some of my favorite small backpacking gear companies, are not so small anymore.
On my next hike I’ve decided to trade off a little weight for convenience. I’ve decided to use a new free standing, double walled tent. I’ve used Big Agnes tents in the past, and impressed wih the weight, I decided to go with them again.
Plantar Fasciitis is painful. Although, I don’t think it will every completely go away, I’ve discovered a process that seems to mostly work for my foot.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW POSTS
MORE POPULAR POSTS
- Kula Cloth Review | Average Hiker
- Zpacks Altaplex Review | Average Hiker
- Voormi River Run Hoodie Review | Average Hiker
- My Hiking Day Pack Has My Essential Items| Average Hiker
- NET Menunkatuck Section 8 | Average Hiker
- Black Diamond Alpine Carbon Cork Review | Average Hiker
- NET Mattabesett Section 3 – | Average Hiker
- NET Mattabesett Section 2 – New England Trail|…
- NET Mattabesett Section 4 | Average Hiker
- Silver Shadow Mini Umbrella Review | Average Hiker
Long Distance Hikes
New England Trail