The Housatonic Ridge Trail was a nice hike. I will have to return with my GPS.
The Appalachian Trail in New York state, from Route 55 to I-84, offers moderate terrain. It is classic NY, with lots of rocks, and small, steep rocky ups and downs.
I could not have chosen a more perfect day to hike to Sages Ravine and Race Mountain!
Bear Mountain and Lions Head Bear Mountain and Lions Head are both located near Salisbury, in upper state Connecticut. I stomped around the car, trying to stay warm as I gathered my day pack, and shoved my lunch into it. The day was absolutely beautiful! The middle of the week, coupled with chilly temperatures,...
Hiking Report – Nuclear Lake, shooting range, Good Year Blimp – today’s hike offered a little bit of everything.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW POSTS
NEW & CURRENT SALES!
EASTERN MOUNTAIN SPORTS
- Challenger ATR 5 vs Speed Goat 3 | Initial…
- Zpacks Altaplex Review | Average Hiker
- Gear Performance on the Colorado Trail! | Average Hiker
- Katabatic Bristlecone Bivy Review – A Great…
- Fenix HM50R Headlamp Review | Average Hiker
- Dirty Girl Gaiters Review | Average Hiker
- Katabatic Flex 22 Quilt Review – A Rotisserie…
- Kula Cloth Review | Average Hiker
Amazon Associate Program
This website is part of the Amazon Associate Program and earns a small commission from qualifying purchases.