I enjoyed my days in Pagosa Springs, but was ready to return to the trail. Snow made the mountains impassable, so I headed for Creede Colorado.
Banded Peak Ranch was the end of what ended up being a very long few days in the San Juans. Although beautiful, that section left me tired and battered.
The San Juan Mountains would not let me leave without providing a little blood, but the Elk would provide the way out.
I remember the Blue Lake day as a very good day. Everything felt so wild and raw that day.
Ice Cube Kinda Cold Last night in the San Juan Mountains was frigid, but I only got cold 11 times. Seriously, I'm not sure I slept, even in my Montbell Zero Degree sleeping bag. I've...
The section from Pie Town to Grants was primarily long road walks, interspersed with a crazy cow and distance wild fires.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW POSTS
MOST POPULAR POSTS
- Challenger ATR 5 vs Speed Goat 3 | Initial… November 10, 2019
- 10 Great Stocking Stuffers for that Outdoorsy… October 30, 2020
- 10 Great Backpacking Gifts! | Average Hiker November 17, 2020
- Zpacks Altaplex Review | Average Hiker November 10, 2020
- Feathered Friends Women’s EOS Jacket Review |… November 10, 2020
- Fenix HM50R Headlamp Review | Average Hiker November 11, 2020
- Katabatic Flex 22 Quilt Review – A Rotisserie… June 28, 2020
- Zpack Arc Haul Review – Ultralight Backpack |… November 11, 2020