I enjoyed my days in Pagosa Springs, but was ready to return to the trail. Snow made the mountains impassable, so I headed for Creede Colorado.
Banded Peak Ranch was the end of what ended up being a very long few days in the San Juans. Although beautiful, that section left me tired and battered.
The San Juan Mountains would not let me leave without providing a little blood, but the Elk would provide the way out.
I remember the Blue Lake day as a very good day. Everything felt so wild and raw that day.
Ice Cube Kinda Cold Last night in the San Juan Mountains was frigid, but I only got cold 11 times. Seriously, I'm not sure I slept, even in my Montbell Zero Degree sleeping bag. I've always been very warm in this bag, but it may have been a little too big for me to trap...
The section from Pie Town to Grants was primarily long road walks, interspersed with a crazy cow and distance wild fires.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW POSTS
MORE POPULAR POSTS
- Kula Cloth Review | Average Hiker
- Zpacks Altaplex Review | Average Hiker
- Voormi River Run Hoodie Review | Average Hiker
- NET Menunkatuck Section 8 | Average Hiker
- Black Diamond Alpine Carbon Cork Review | Average Hiker
- NET Mattabesett Section 3 – | Average Hiker
- NET Mattabesett Section 4 | Average Hiker
- My Hiking Day Pack Has My Essential Items| Average Hiker
- Silver Shadow Mini Umbrella Review | Average Hiker
- HOKA Challenger ATR 5 Review| Average Hiker
Long Distance Hikes
New England Trail